Monday, October 16, 2017

In The Pumpkin Patch

Though Saturday started out grey and gloomy it cleared up beautifully for our trip to the pumpkin patch. We discovered this sweet farm and lovely pick-your-own pumpkin patch last year. Growing up in Bethany we always went picking in the patch at Clover Nook Farm and I was so surprised when I moved to Massachusetts that a pick-your-own pumpkin patch was so hard to find. In all my years of living here I have located only two- one in Harvard and this one in Sterling (which became an instant favorite last year). With Dave's parents here for a visit we decided it would be the perfect weekend to head to the patch. The farm wasn't crowded at all, and the patch was full of gorgeous pumpkins! It made it hard to choose one each, and even Dave's parents couldn't resist choosing a few to bring back to New Jersey with them, Of course, while we were there I couldn't  help but wish that we lived in Sterling (and clearly Grace couldn't either: "Mama, I wish we lived here! It's so beautiful!"). Sterling really reminds me so much of life in Bethany. I'm glad that we get to go visit once (or twice) a year, and I'm glad that there's such a sweet farm, complete with a pick-your-own pumpkin patch fairly close by! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment