Saturday, September 16, 2017

Save The Bees!

 Yesterday, the girls went outside in search of minibeasts as part of their nature study. While they were out there Grace noticed a bee (a minibeast!) walking down the back deck stairs. She them came in to tell me that there was something super important that I had to come see. I immediately went outside and the girls showed me a honeybee that was waking in the garden across from the stairs. A quick Google search told us that a walking bee is a starving bee and we followed the recommendation of mixing water with a bit of honey to feed to it. We placed the mixture in a teaspoon and put it near the bee. It quickly found it and immediately began to drink! We watched as she regained her strength and stayed until she flew away. It was truly one of the most incredible experiences of our lives! xo

The photos below were taken by Emma. She also recorded a video too that we shared on Facebook yesterday. 


1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely amazing, Shel! I am so glad the girls got to experience that. I'll go find the video on FB!

    ReplyDelete