Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Visit With Uncle Grant

 Yesterday after lunch I received a call from my brother. He's a student at SUNY Maritime College and he was calling from their training vessel which had gotten underway for the summer sea term (this is his third summer going). We chatted for a bit, and then he asked if I could call him back via FaceTime so he could show us around. I gathered the girls and the iPad....
"Hi Uncle Grant!"
 The view from the ship as they made their way down the East River.  It was really incredible to be able to see the various sights as the ship sailed along. We saw many buildings, went under a bridge and even saw the Statue of Liberty in the distance! They could not have asked for a better day to get underway. 
He took us on brief walking tour of the ship. It was really neat to see where he lived for the last school year, and where he will be spending the entire summer. 

Oh friends, there really are not adequate words to express how truly cool yesterday was. I found myself, once again, so completely thankful to be living this incredible lifestyle. It wasn't lost on me that had the girls been in a traditional school setting they would have missed out on this wonderful opportunity and time with their uncle. He was so completely proud to show his nieces and I around, and to share with us the area that he calls home. Safe travels, brother. We look forward to hearing all your stories when you return! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment