Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Today At Wachusett

A day off for Dave meant an earlier visit to the mountain this week for us. Up and out early and to the first lesson of the day for the girls, while Dave went off and did some runs on the black diamond trails. Today's lesson may have been their most exciting yet as they started from the summit (their first time up there) and hit all of the blue trails on their way down! They reluctantly came in for lunch and then headed back out, this time with their daddy instead of the instructor, and right back up to the summit they went. They returned about an hour and a half later happily tired from their adventures and ready to head home. The look of pride on Dave's face said it all, and I knew then that his hope for children who ski had been fully realized. He was truly impressed by how much they had improved from the last time he skied with them. xo

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day out! Are you ever tempted to strap on some skis as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, though then I remember how terribly I have done in the past and the moment passes. I've always wanted to try cross country skiing. That I think may be more my speed! :) xo

      Delete
    2. Next winter we are doing it Shel! I haven't cross country skied in years but I used to when I was a teenager. It is so fun and I have wanted to try it again for a long time. Do you guys have snow shoes? That is really fun as well.

      Delete