Sunday, June 22, 2014

Solstice Eve Strawberry Picking

On Friday morning we went to our favorite farm to pick strawberries. The weather was perfect and we figured it would be a good time to go before all the schools let our for summer. The season has only just begun and the fields were clearly bursting with berries! The girls quickly got to work filling their small boxes, and when those were filled they helped to fill the big tray too! It was decided that one quart would become strawberry ice cream (and what delicious strawberry ice cream it is) and one would be turned into strawberry shortcakes (that we had for lunch). The tray became nine jars of freezer jam, which will surely be a lovely treat this winter! xo

6 comments:

  1. One of the best things about homeschooling is enjoying activities during the week when kids are in school. So nice not to deal with crowds! My Instagram was filled with people berry picking this weekend. I wish we would have thought to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! We are definitely spoiled with having the world to ourselves during the school year! I'm glad that we squeezed this trip in before all the area schools got out! :) Hopefully you can head to the berry patch soon! The weather is just perfect for it! xo

      Delete
  2. I've never been strawberry picking. It looks like lots of fun!! I believe the farm where we got our pumpkins last year grows strawberries. I think I'm going to look into it. Something to occupy the kids after this last week of school!! : )

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you *must* go strawberry picking! You'll love it (and so will the kids)! This is a really good strawberry season too! xo

      Delete
  3. By the way, I just pinned one of your photos to my Pinterest board "Strawberry Fields Forever." It is the one of your daughter's hands holding the strawberries. : ) You can see it if you go to my blog and click on the Pinterest button. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an honor to have one of my pictures pinned! That's one of my favorites too! xo

      Delete