Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

May Day has become one of our most favorite holidays! There is just something so sweet about the tradition of leaving May Day baskets for our neighbors and friends to discover! The girls love running around the neighborhood and heading to friends houses in town to leave these sweet flowers and notes celebrating the first day of May! 
The other May Day tradition we have is to leave the girls May Day baskets to discover in the morning. I made the cones last night (and was super proud of how they came out this year) and prepared the flowers so they would remain fresh for the morning. With the flowers now put in water the cones now hang at the end of each of their beds. We hope you all had a wonderful first day of May! Happy May Day, dear friends! xo

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I love the pictures from your May Day too! xo

      Delete
  2. How fun!! What a great tradition and your friends and neighbors must be so delighted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a sweet and simple tradition! I bet your crew would love this one too! Happy May Day, Kerry! xo

      Delete
  3. I love this idea - as I mentioned to Kim, so nice and so simple!

    Our moment is kids in a tree… again:-) http://www.yellowladybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped by via Soulemama, and oh my goodness! I just love this idea! I'm sure this just made your neighbor's day (as well as yours to do it)! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it! We are doing this- we have a ton of jam jars just waiting for some spring bouquets to pass out to friends & neighbors!

    ReplyDelete