Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Few Of Our Favorite Things

Yesterday after we dropped Grace off at dance class Emma suggested that we "get a tiny snack" so off we went. On our way, she started asking me questions. And I asked her questions. Below is part of our conversation.

Emma: "Mama, what is your favorite color?" 

Me: "Pink! Emma, what's your favorite color?"

Emma:  "Purple! You know that, Mama!"

Me: "I surely do, Em! What's your favorite season?!"

Emma: "I love winter! And Valentine's Day is my favorite day! What's your favorite day, Mama?"

Me: "Oh, that's tough! I love all holidays but I think Winter Solstice may be my favorite. Oh, and May Day! I love May Day. I love when we leave people May Day baskets. Em, what do you like best about your life?"

Emma: "I love that we are always together."

Me: "Is there anything you don't like?"

Emma: "I think we should play more."

Me: "More?! Really? OK, we'll make it a point to play more!"

At this point we order our "tiny snack" and find a seat, in the window, of course. Emma just loves the window seats.

Emma: "What's your favorite movie, Mama?" (a movie to Em is anything that gets watched).

Me: "My most favorite show of all time is Gilmore Girls."

Emma: "I love Gilmore Girls too!" 

Me:  "What's your favorite movie?"

Emma: "Peg+Cat, of course!"

Me: "Oh, of course! Who is your best friend?"

Emma: "Grace is! What's your favorite animal, Mama?" 

Me: "I love so many. Giraffes and Owls. I really love those. What is your favorite animal, Em?"

Emma: "I love horses and bunnies and a rock (laughs)!"

Me: "A rock?! You are so funny! What is something I always say to you?"

Emma: "Make good choices, Emma!" (We both laugh cause it's so true)!

Me:  "What makes me laugh?"

Emma: "When I say "Make good choices, Emma!"  (More laughter)!

Me: "Who is your favorite super hero?"

Emma: "Wonder Woman! Oh, and Bat Girl too! Who is your favorite, Mama?!"

Me: "I love Wonder Woman too! Who are your favorite people?"

Emma: "You and Daddy and Grace! And all the humans we know!"

Me: "What is your favorite food?"

Emma: "Eggs and toast! What is your favorite food, Mama?!"

Me: "Eggs and toast is definitely one of them! I also love strawberry ice cream! What is something we like to do together?"

Emma:  "We love to cook and bake and hug and snuggle!"

Me:  "We surely do!  What is something you are looking forward to?"

Emma: "I'm looking forward to reading and storytelling and snuggling!" 

Me: "How do you know I love you?"

Emma:  "Because you love me! We hug and we kiss and I just know you love me! I love you, Mama!" 

Me: "And I love you!" 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, friend! It was so fun to experience this and then put it together for all to read! xo

    ReplyDelete