Monday, February 17, 2014

"Let Life Be The Teacher"

(Photo from Today.com)

“I wanted them to be like children, playing outside, running and jumping and not sitting inside at a desk,” said Lauren Anderson, who raised the kids in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. “They got to be free, building their bodies, protecting their spirits and minds, and not being pushed or pressured.”

“They went on the mountain and skied and snowboarded and they took the bus, and then they came home and did schoolwork — just to make it official,” she told TODAY.com during an interview at the P&G Family Home in the Olympic Park. “There wasn’t a big push for them to read and write and do arithmetic. I wanted them to learn how to get along and let life be the teacher. Character-building was more important than academics.”

Yes, yes, yes, to all of it! It should surprise no one how much I love this story (and this family)! Goodness, how I would love to sit down with this fabulous mama, hear all her stories and bask in the wisdom of someone who has walked this path before me. Raising an Olympian (and X-Games champions) is just the cherry on top of the sundae that is this amazing lifestyle we are so blessed to live!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome! They didn't say where in VT the Alpaca farm is but if I hear I'll be sure to let you know!

    ReplyDelete