Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Way Up High In The Apple Tree

Since Dave had a day off from work today we decided that it was the perfect day to (finally!) go apple picking. With me having been sick the entire month of September we hadn't had a chance to go before today. Today's weather could not have been any more glorious! The sky was beautifully blue and there was a slight chill in the air. It was the kind of New England day that just beckoned to be spent in an apple orchard. Once we arrived we found where the Cortland trees were and got to work. We had not been picking at this particular orchard in a good few years and things have changed a wee bit (in regard to picking) since we were last there. I have to admit that while I do love this place I think it will remain our place to go when we need something from their wonderful farm store and not when we want to go apple picking. For apple picking I think we'll continue to head up to Harvard as we have done the last few years. Regardless, it was a wonderfully delightful day. I am so glad that we were able to go and am even more happy that Dave had the day off so that he could be part of this adventure too! 

1 comment:

  1. How fun that Dave was off to join you. I love Grace and Emma's outfits :)

    ReplyDelete