Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Sisters

We're finishing up the first day of what they say will be (at least) a three day heatwave. When we got home from our morning adventure (a post for another time) the girls quickly changed into their bathing suits. Lunch and quiet time were had and then it was finally time to head out and play! I set the sprinkler up and they took it from there, easily spending the next hour cooling off in its lovely spray. A little while later they came running into the house, super excited to share with me what they had done. "Mama! Mama! Come see what we did! We made a beach in the backyard!" As I headed down the back deck stairs I could see the umbrella from their picnic table and some towels peaking out. They had also gathered their bubble toys and some snacks ("You know you need snacks when you go to the beach, mama!") and had set everything up just so. My only regret is that we no longer have a baby pool, which sure would have made a lovely lake for their beach.  I love how beautifully these two sisters work together. I love how they are always on the same page, creating and making their visions a reality. I love hearing how excited they get when it's all done and they come to find me to show me what they have been up to. I love how something as simple as playing in the sprinkler morphed into creating a beach in the backyard. These are two very special souls indeed and I am so glad that I get to be witness to their joy each and every day. 

2 comments:

  1. I would come to their beach any day :) Looks like they had a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that one of the greatest mothering rewards is seeing your kids come together on some project or play.

    Looks like they had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete