Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ski Bunnies

For the last couple of years Dave and I have been determined to get our girls on skis.  And for the last couple of years something always prevented that goal from being achieved.  Finally, this past Saturday we headed to Wachusett Mountain and turned yet another dream into a reality!
While the girls were in their lesson, Dave was out getting in as many runs as possible. He had not been skiing since before Grace was born. The weather was incredible on Saturday and he was thrilled to hit the slopes. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he'd had someone to ski with. Even though I am a born and raised New England girl I am that rare breed of New Englander that doesn't ski. It wasn't until we moved from coastal Connecticut to small town Connecticut that I was even aware of kids learning to ski at such young ages. Needless to say, every family needs a lodge dweller. Someone for the kids to check in with and someone to watch everyone's stuff. I am happy to be that person.  

Finally, the time had come for me to pick up the girls. I waded through the sea of parents and children looking for my two ski bunnies. Finally, I spotted them. As soon as they noticed me the choruses of "Mama, we want our own skis!" began and I don't think it stopped until they fell asleep in the car on the way home. Dave was absolutely beaming at all this! After all, since he has a non-skier for a wife he's been wishing and hoping since the moment we found out I was pregnant with Grace that he'd have kids who skied!  

2 comments:

  1. How fun! They looked great all decked out in the ski clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful!

    I want to get J&A on skis, but George doesn't ski (long story; I need to get him out there, though, because I think he would love it). One of my friends told me all I need to do to get him on skis is get the kids on skis, and that's probably true. He'll want to do it once they can.

    We have had very, very little snow this year. And no car to drive to the mountain. Next year I will have to make time for it. There isn't much in this world that's cuter than a little kid zooming down the hill on skis! xo

    ReplyDelete