Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Evening


Just as we were gathering for dinner this lovely-almost-autumn evening I noticed that Grace had climbed into her seat and was still reading one of the books she took out from the library today.  So, of course I did what any good bloggin' mama does and I made a beeline for the camera.  And while I am not entirely sure of how much she's actually reading and how much of it is simply looking at the pages, we are over the moon to see how often lately she is found curled up with a good book.  Each night after Em falls alseep she gets out her flashlight and reads in bed.  And not a day goes by that she's not spotted in several locations around our house reading.  I love that there's a strong foundation being built for her when it comes to reading and I love that it's all happening at her own pace.  I have a feeling it won't be long before she is reliably reading and I have a feeling that once that happens she'll be devouring books quicker than we know what to do with!


4 comments:

  1. My 6 year old is a reader- she constantly has a book in her hand. Last night she was reading a chapter book to her father. I don't know why, but it makes me very happy! Love that children still love to read books in our high tech society. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm righ there with you! It makes me so happy too!

      Delete