Sunday, February 5, 2012

So Glad I'm Here

Yesterday was the first day of the 10 Day Family Recharge that we are taking part in. The email that Erin sent was inspired by the song "So Glad I'm Here" by Elizabeth Mitchell (who we love!) along with a video that she found on YouTube.  I just love how the creator of the video gave us a glimpse into her world and showed that while everything might not be picture perfect that it's the messes and piles that show that life is being lived.  I grabbed my camera and decided to take a few pictures of our world to share with all of you.  While this is by no means the messiest our house has ever been, it does get across the point that not everything is in it's rightful spot.  We certainly would not pass for a Pottery Barn catalog house by any standard anymore, but honestly that does not even matter to us.  What matters most is  that we are living, loving and enjoying every minute of it (even the bumpy parts).  Thank you Erin for creating this recharge and thanks to Elizabeth for this beautiful song.  It's going to be an amazing ten days! 

"I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here everyday
So glad I'm here, you know I'm so glad I'm here so glad I'm here everyday
You know joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here here today
Joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here here today.
And love brought me here, love brought me here, love brought me here here today
Love brought me here, you know love brought me here, love brought me here here today

I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here everyday
So glad I'm here, you know I'm so glad I'm here so glad I'm here everyday."
-Elizabeth Mitchell

6 comments:

  1. love... this was a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so cute and I love your little one on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, such a fun idea!!! Great pics of a family living and loving life :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea and such lovely photos! I love taking a peek into people's homes and yours is just beautiful.

    -Kerry @ City Kids Homeschooling
    http://cityhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, aren't you afraid that child might fall, given the long cape and all? let alone it's a table where I'm guessing you all eat at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! This was so fun to put together!

    Gma, no, I'm not worried. She's always been very sure on her feet and a moment after this was taken she was already off on another adventure. She loves to proclaim things from high up there, and the girls love to sit on the table when they are creating things too. Don't worry, it always gets a good wipe down after they've been up there!

    ReplyDelete