Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Alphabet Hide And Seek

For the last couple of days the girls have been all about having egg hunts.  They discovered their Easter baskets in our closet the other day, along with some alabaster eggs that we decorate with at Spingtime, and from that moment on it was all about egg hunts.  As I watched them this morning I had a brilliant idea:  what about a letter hunt?!  I quickly gathered the letter blocks, sorted out the ones that Grace knows (A-L) from the ones she doesn't, and then gathered the girls. I told them that we were going to have a letter hunt.  To say they were over the moon about this game would be an understatement!  We laid out the letter blocks, reviewed the letter names and sounds and then I sent the girls upstairs so I could hide all the blocks on the first floor.  These girls are hunting machines! After all the letters had been found they would dump them out on the table and we would again go through the letter names and sounds.  Then we would count up each pile of blocks and see who had the most.  It's amazing how something so simple can provide hours of fun!  I think it's safe to say that alphabet hide and seek was a huge hit and that there are many more letter hunts in our future!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, love it! Thanks for sharing. They look like they are having a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that every time I open your blog I am in for a treat....not that what you are doing is not spectacular....but I LOVE to see what your girls are wearing! I miss the days of dresses, pearls and tights. I miss Mary Jane shoes and bows in their hair. I miss gaps in teeth and lisps. You pictures always take me back to when my girls were that age and the magic it holds. Not that I don't love this stage of their lives, I do. But I would give anything to see my two girls in a dress.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, it was such a blast. I am so glad that it all came together the way it did. I love when things work out like that! :)

    Jess, anytime you need a dose of little girl you know where to come! :) Can't wait for you to meet them in person and I can't wait to meet your two so I can see what to expect a few years from now. Right now I cannot imagine a time where these two won't be in dresses and pearls! If my girls turn out half as awesome as your girls I will be over the moon! So glad that we can take you back to those little girl days! And if you haven't seen yesterdays post yet you are totally in for a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete