Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas At The Beach

After all the morning fun of opening gifts and exploring the lovely new puppet theater, we all headed over to Kaitlyn and Eric's place in Rhode Island.  They live in this fabulous house right on the beach.  It is such a magical way to start out!  Really, it's such a magical way to live in general, and one that I know my girls could totally get behind.  It brought back tons of memories from my own childhood, as the first ten years of my life were spent on the water, followed by the rest of my growing up years in a lovely small country town. But I digress.

Note to self: remember to use the dusk/dawn setting next time.
After our walk on the beach, which we all agreed we should have taken sooner, we headed back to the house for dessert (poached pears!) and an impromptu fashion show by Kaitlyn and her nieces.  By the end of the show we were all wearing some fabulous hat, wig, or piece of jewlery and I was bummed out that my camera flashed it's "exhausted battery" message at me.  Some things are better left to the imagination I suppose!  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.  Many thanks to Kaitlyn and Eric for hosting all of us.  You two totally outdid yourselves!  It was so strange for Dave and I to be guests instead of the ones hosting, but it was a welcome reprieve too.  It was indeed another wonderful day full of memories that we will all carry with us forever.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you could "get behind" life at the beach. Their home is stunning. My favorite place in the world is Cape Cod. I love it there. Just crossing the bridge soothes me. I can only imagine what it must be like to live with that view and the sounds of waves lapping against the shore all the time.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess, it really is heavenly! My parents built our house in Bethany (back in the late 80s (when everyone else was building) and I remember the first night we spent there thinking it was too quite without the sound of the waves from Long Island Sound. While I totally consider Bethany my hometown and the town I grew up in, starting life out with the beach as our backyard is something I will always treasure! My first year of life my parents lived on a houseboat in Norwalk, so until we moved water had always been part of my world! The peace that comes with having the ocean in your backyard and the many adventures that life on the beach provides cannot ever be topped!

    ReplyDelete